Wednesday 2 April 2014

Hard core commuter


When you extend the commute into a long ride, you still think "commuter" things. Then if you go for a long ride on a Saturday you think "training" things. Don't know how that happens, I think I need to spend less time at work.

Then of course once your mind stops thinking about all of the things that give you hypertension, you start singing. Maybe you start singing and then stop worrying? Hmmm. Anyway, today was Paul Simon (with a shout out to Sarianna and of course Michelle and Leanne who are going to Graceland.)

This is something about how my mind was working on today's long ride.

Losing love is like a window in your heart. Decided to stop pining for the no longer with us red commuter. She was pretty as a prayerbook, sweet as an apple on Christmas Day. The Graphite Grouch may not have diamonds on the soles of her shoes but she has much higher end componentry and turns corners like a dream, like ready to duck back down the alley with some roly-poly little bat faced girl. I'll probably be less competitive doing the Footscray Road Bikepath Racerboy Challenge of an evening on the 26er against the pimped up roosters on their Italian frames but I'll still give it a go. And of course you can freak them out by jumping gutters and ripping a few mad skids. I'll take it easy, after all, I am following the river, down the highway. Leanne and Michelle are going to Graceland. Hopefully I'm going to New Mexico, no wonder they thinks I'm crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment